Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Being a Mom

  M came to us a few days ago. It's been wonderful. Everything we heard about him is true. He's the sweetest, most handsome little boy we have ever met. The way everything has worked out is so God! And we are so very thankful He chose us to be M's parents!! Just in time for Thanksgiving too!
   The last few days have been busy, mainly Monday. We all got up and he ate cereal and watched some tv while we got ready. Then it was DHR>Kyle's work>New School>New After School Care> Dr. office>Kyle's work>McDonald's>Baby Sitter. All by 10 o'clock! 
   We are still busy but we have a routine so it's easy now. It's easy to love a child who needs you and expresses it. It's easy to be a parent. I couldn't possibly imagine him not in our lives now. 
    In the past few days I have learned a lot about being a parent. Many of the things I've heard parents say are now the things I think. Some funny, some serious. 
• It's cheaper to go in a store without a child. 
• I've learned the awful pain of school enrollment papers. 
• I could look at the drawings M has given us all day. 
• I've learned that by having to say no more than once doesn't mean your a bad parent. 
• It's hard to say no to a smiling kid.
• It's hard to leave your child. (Monday I broke down and called the day care he was at to see how he was doing.) I have no idea how I'm gonna take him to school. 
• Sweetly waking up your kid with kisses and tickles is the best way. 
• Sometimes 15 extra mins with them is worth leaving the house with wet hair and no makeup.
• I've learned how to answer the "Why?" question to not so typical questions. 
• I've learned is how fun it is to be a parent. 
• How awesome it is to watch your husband love them. 

  Another thing I've learned is how it feels to be called mom. M has started openly calling us mom and dad. It saddens my heart some to know I'm his 8th mom. It makes me sad he had to call so many women mom. I know some people may think its crazy he is calling us mom and dad after such a short time but he wants a mom and dad so bad. Each time he has called someone mom, it was a false hope for a real mom. I pray I'm his last. 

I really love this quote our cousin sent me. It pretty much sums it up for me. 


   I want to say thank you all for the support you have shown! So many people have done so much for M and us. Prayers, gifts, texts checking on him, keeping up with us on Facebook and by reading my blog...you've been amazing. 
Thank you!!
-Makayla

No comments:

Post a Comment